Weight Reduction – How does it work?
Glucomannan is a type of fiber found in the roots of the elephant yam, also called konjac. Glucomannan absorbs water and becomes gel-like. It “sits” in your gut and promotes a feeling of fullness, helping you eat fewer calories.
Three human studies showed that glucomannan, combined with a healthy diet, can help people lose 8-10 pounds (3.6-4.5 kg) of weight in 5 weeks
Glucomannan is a fiber that can feed the friendly bacteria in the intestine. It can also lower blood sugar, blood cholesterol and triglycerides, and is very effective against constipation.
It is important to take glucomannan about a half an hour before meals, with a glass of water.
Studies consistently show that the fiber glucomannan, when combined with a healthy diet, can help people lose weight. It also leads to improvements in various health markers.
- Reduction of body weight
- Maintenance of normal blood glucose concentrations
- Maintenance of normal blood cholesterol concentrations
- Maintenance of normal bowel function
- Decreasing potentially pathogenic gastro-intestinal microorganisms
- Vegan (without fillers, without colourings or additives)