Weight reduction – how it works?
Glucomannan is a type of fiber found in the roots of the elephant yam, also called konjac. Glucomannan absorbs water and becomes gel-like. It “sits” in your gut and promotes a feeling of fullness, helping you eat fewer calories.
Three human studies showed that glucomannan, combined with a healthy diet, can help people lose 8-10 pounds (3.6-4.5 kg) of weight in 5 weeks
Glucomannan is a fiber that can feed the friendly bacteria in the intestine. It can also lower blood sugar, blood cholesterol and triglycerides, and is very effective against constipation.
Side effects: It can cause bloating, flatulence and soft stools, and can interfere with some oral medications if taken at the same time.
It is important to take glucomannan about a half an hour before meals, with a glass of water.
Studies consistently show that the fiber glucomannan, when combined with a healthy diet, can help people lose weight. It also leads to improvements in various health markers.
- Reduction of body weight
- Maintenance of normal blood glucose concentrations
- Maintenance of normal blood cholesterol concentrations
- Maintenance of normal bowel function
- Decreasing potentially pathogenic gastro-intestinal microorganisms
- Vegan (without fillers, without colourings or additives)