There are many herbs used as ear infections home remedies that can be used at home. For example, garlic, ginger, olive oil,… Those remedies are easy to use to treat an ear infection. Also make it a habit to drink plenty of water as soon as you have an ear infection or any other infection that causes a fever. This is the best way to compensate for the large amount of water lost through perspiration. The best thing to do is to drink mineral water, but you can also supplement your water intake with soups, vegetable broths, fruit juices, etc.
Here also many tips:
- Fill a hot water bottle (the insulated version from pharmacies) with hot water and cover with a towel or cloth, and hold the infected ear. The heat acts as an analgesic; it also increases blood flow to the area to fight infection.
- Rinse and finely chop three large apricots. Heat in a frying pan, and when hot, apply the mass to the ear.
- Puree a handful of basil leaves with a handful of banana leaves. Heat until hot and place as a mass on the ear.
- Heat half a teaspoon of olive oil and pour onto a cotton swab. Place the cotton ball in the ear opening and let it sit for an hour.
- Chop and mash an onion. Place in a towel and heat in the micron. Use as a compress on the ear.
- Heat a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil with a slit of crushed garlic. When it is warm, wet a cotton swab with the oil and place it in the opening towards the ear.